6.17.2009

minted design challenge: please vote!

one of my favorite sites for paper related design, minted, does a regular design challenge that is open to independent designers/artists (like me!). the challenge centers around a specific occasion or event (think housewarming cards or baby shower invites) and provides real life people/couples/families as fodder for inspiration.

i've been looking for opportunities to expand my design skills and get some more of my work out there. needless to say i was doing back flips when i stumbled upon their latest challenge - the 2009 minted holiday photo card challenge. i know, it's June - but thankfully it's been a cool start to summer in LA so it wasn't too hard to get in the holiday spirit. I ended up creating four entries for the contest!

And now the voting begins! Please show me some love and head on over to minted to vote for my submissions and all your favorites. The winners will be put into print for this holiday season! How cool is that?

check out my designs and vote here:



7 comments:

Pamela Alexis said...

I just voted a 5 on all your cards, they were all awesome! My fav one was the little girl on the sofa, I love how the picture is b&w & then you added the bright reds and greens for the font & love the heart that was on it too! You have to sign up in order to vote but the cool thing is then they send you a 10% off coupon. GOOD LUCK!

Krista Rose said...

I like all of the choices, however,my two favorites are the one with the girl on the couch and the one with three different photo.

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic! I'm with the others here. The one with the little girl is just the cutest thing :) I'm going to go vote. Good luck!

P.S. Are these people you know in real life who are in the photos?

Jaime said...

love them all, the yellow is my absolute favorite ever. you know i love yellow

yes, please said...

thank you ladies! i'm so excited about this contest. fingers crossed!
pamela: yay 10% off!!

curlysue: i don't know these people at all! minted provided these families as inspiration for the contest. :)

minxo: i thought i'd have had enough of yellow by now, but i can never get enough!

paula said...

heading over there now!

Unknown said...

I like the girl on the couch