6.18.2009

drum roll please....


ok, so i've been working on a little project for the past few weeks, and even though it's not 100% ready for the light of day i figured why not put it out in to the great big world?

so, without further ado, i present to you my new business venture....succulentLOVE!


by now, you all know the love i have for succulents and the very special role they played in our wedding. the color. the texture. their modern aesthetic. oh, i could gush all day! following the big day i just couldn't part ways with the little things, so i decided to embrace my obsession and turn it into something I could share with everyone. and there you have the genesis of succulentLOVE. the design for the company and basis for the business were ideas born at our very first artist's retreat. i can't tell you how excited i've been to share the idea and identity and website with all of you.


take a look around and see what you like. we'll be adding new arrangements all the time so check back often and let me know what you think. and if you're in the los angeles area, please keep succulentLOVE in mind for those occasions when you'd typically give flowers. who wouldn't be ecstatic to welcome an adorable succulent into their life?

13 comments:

Jaime said...

Amazing, gorgeous, LOVELIE!!!

Emily said...

Congrats!! Best of luck with this new venture!!

Unknown said...

I'm in love!!! These are amazing. I can't wait for my order!

Jacinda said...

So so perfect. Love the site and the arrangements! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love these so much! David I purchased some succulents back around Mother's Day--just before I found your blog--and we love them. When I found your blog and that you used them in your wedding, you were added to my Reader immediately! :) Good luck! If I lived closer I would order something, but I don't think they would make the trip very well to Colorado.

Anonymous said...

Love the new site! I was reading about care...so you aren't supposed to water them, like normal plants? Ooops! Mine aren't dead yet. Just a spray bottle keeps them going? Just a spritz or do you actually get the dirt wet?

yes, please said...

thanks for all the love ladies!

curlysue: i'm actually working on a method to ship these across the country - i'll keep you posted.

as for watering - definitely do NOT overwater. you are a lucky lady if you babies are still doing well. I usually just give them a few powerful sprays once a week to keep them happy. it will get the dirt damp, but not soaking wet. these are extremely low maintenance dwellers.

aj said...

I just saw a wedding with succulents onhttp://greylikesweddings.wordpress.com/ and thought of you. loved our wedding by the way saw it on style me pretty.

Amanda said...

I just found your blog through 100 Layer Cake and I am in love! My fiancé broke off a tiny piece of a Jade plant 13 years ago and our house is now covered in them. We replant tiny ones into old, small jars and give them as thank you and housewarming gifts. Also, planning on making them a part of our wedding, your blog has been a great inspiration. Thanks!

Katie said...

these are fab!! good luck, im sure these babies will fly out of your shop!! : )

Pen and Ink said...

I've just come across your blog this evening, and I had to comment - I love your arrangements! I have such a fondness for succulents, and these are darling! Best wishes on your new venture!

- Lisa

stephanie said...

Awesome! That's a great idea and your photos and site are wonderful. I really liked the handle with love part; the instructions were super cute.

I hope it works well for you! (Your blog is great, by the way.)

Meghan said...

Yay, congrats! Best of luck to you on this new venture. :)