9.16.2009

our first event!

this summer I worked with the lovely Danielle at Samantha Smith Productions. Danielle contacted me with an interesting request - could I recreate the style of my own wedding for a fun and modern retirement party she was planning for a client? yes, please! who wouldn't want to re-experience the elements of her wedding regardless of the affair? (I mean, my house is still covered in yellow craspedia and succulents and i don't see an end in sight!)


the party, held at Seven Degrees in Laguna Beach, was a decidedly modern and vibrant affair. we created succulent seating card favors in the same yellow zig zig design, scattered white vases filled with happy little craspedia blooms on bar tables, and created custom bubble bowl succulentLOVE designs as centerpieces. Danielle also asked me design their menu cards and create boutonnieres, corsages and bouquets for the honorees and their spouses.



i was very lucky to work with such a great lady on succulentLOVE/yesplease design's first "official" event. not only is she a total sweetheart, but she's pretty damn talented herself. check out her amazing stationary line, tallu-lah, here and here.

all photos courtesy of greg piche photography.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Congratulations! Everything looks beautiful. Your work is just wonderful. I can't wait for my succulents to arrive this week!

Jaime said...

kelly, it looks beautiful. congratulations on your first full fledged event! the first of jillions!

{lisa} said...

U Rock!

Caroline said...

Everything looks so beautiful, fresh and natural!!! Congrats!!!!