9.13.2009

the weekend {in photos}

fri.day i baked up a storm for a birthday party order.


friday.night erin joined the mister & I for jazz night @ LACMA with some wine and goodies alfresco style. (photo via)


satur.day.morning the mister and i dusted off our rackets and hit the courts for a game of tennis followed by the city's best bagels. (lessons learned: i am in desperate need of some cute tennis gear. i really need to work on my backhand. i heart toasted everything bagels)


satur.day at home, i finally christened my brand spankin new gocco printer! we had some trouble getting acquainted with one another at first, but in the end we made nice and became friends. i printed 200+ favor bags for sweets tables for my upcoming weddings in a few weeks.


saturday.night the mister and i snuggled in with our new obsession: TrueBlood: Season One.


sun.day many failed attempts at being productive. i know i'm a little late to the party, but i've just caught the nasty summer bug that's been going around. ugh. succumbed to multiple cups of tea and more snuggling.

10 comments:

Caroline said...

I love your blog!!! This post was delightful!! Hope you are feeling better!!!

Shan Van said...

HEllo! I'm just cruis'n around your blog and I have a question. I too have made mini cupcakes but can never seem to have them NOT spill over the tops...how much batter do you put in so they come out nice and perfect like the ones in the picture!? (I'm jealous) :)

Shanna Suburbia said...

Adorable cupcakes!!

alli/hooray said...

Love those favor bags! What a fun project, I love making sweets tables for parties.

Anonymous said...

Question - where did you get your gocco, ebay? Also, I'm thinking about stealing your "love in a jar" idea - so cute!

PS - love the cuppie cakes :)

paula said...

the cupcakes look amazing!

yes, please said...

@ShanVan: i had the same problem in the beginning. try just filling them about 1/2 inch from the bottom. good luck!

@hitch: yup, i found my beloved gocco on ebay from a japanese seller. i love it!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, you're really talented!!!

Can I please ask what type of icing you use for your cupcakes? It looks really smooth and creamy :)

Thanks a lot
-Flor

Sarah M said...

What a fun weekend -- and those cupcakes look absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all your creativity! I've been wanting to get into gocco...what type of machine do you use?