2.17.2010

wish me {luck}


while i'd love nothing more than to set my sights on the beautiful sunny springtime waiting around the corner - i'll be spending my weekend embracing cold, wintery weather in Lake Tahoe.  I'm taking my mister skiing for his 30th birthday.  He loves to ski.  He's amazing at it in fact.  I, on the otherhand, haven't skied in ten years, and that last time i skied - well, i hit my head on a rock.  seriously.  let's just say me and the snow don't have the most loving of relationships.  but i'll be zipping up my {faux} fur lined winter coat and strapping my cold feets into some ski boots in the name of love.  i'm even sort of looking forward to feeling the cold air against my face.  for a bit anyways, those hot toddies will be calling my name in no time.  enjoy the weekend!

the lovely print above is by opart and is available here.

7 comments:

laura @ so alaurable said...

Last year was my second time skiing ever, and I was super nervous, but ended up being impressed with my ability for the second time to not hurt myself. We went to Lake Tahoe too, and it was so much fun! What place(s) are you planning on skiing?

Caroline said...

You will have so much fun!! And, if you need luck check out the giveaway on my blog... I am sure the necklace I am giving away will give you luck!! xo

pairs and paris said...

You blog feature on your flower arrangements is complete. Go here to view it.

Thanks again!

A Sunday Kind Of Love said...

ooh, i'm not the best skiier either. but i love cross-country!!
have fun skiing and celebrating, and here's to no rock-incidents this time :)
ciao!

forget.me.knot.weddings said...

Have fun in Tahoe and stay warm!

forget.me.knot.weddings said...

Have fun in Tahoe and stay warm!

jen jafarzadeh said...

hope you guys have a fun weekend! the one and only time I went skiing was on a high school ski trip and I landed myself in a snow drift. you're brave to get back on those skis!